A creamy, rich vegan tres leches cake, perfect for any event or birthday!
- 2.5 cups unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup Macadamia Nut Milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Oat Milk, unsweetened
- 1.5 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 container So Delicious Coco Whip, or any non dairy coconut whipped topping
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- Note: The cake and syrup should be made the day before you combine them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a 13x9 in baking dish with parchment paper, and grease with your choice of vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, add 1.5 cups almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine and then let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, 1.5 cups sugar, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients/mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a wire whisk to combine until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish, and bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. It is done with you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, make your milk syrup by combining your oat milk, macadamia nut milk, and 1 cup almond milk in a bowl, along with your remaining 1 cup of white sugar in a medium sauce pan on the stove.
- Bring milk mixture to a simmer, and let cook for about 20 minutes and then remove from stove and cool in fridge until you are ready to use.
- When cake is done, let it cool, and remove from baking dish. Remove parchment paper and let cake cool completely on a rack or flat surface at room temperature without covering it, overnight.
- The next day, take a serrated knife gently cut the dome/top part off the top of your cake. Poke the surface of the cake several times with a fork (or knife).
- Place your cake inside of the baking dish and pour milk syrup over it as evenly as possible. Place in your fridge and let cake soak for 30 min.
- Spread your vegan coco whip over your cake when ready to eat, topped by strawberry slices. Enjoy!!