Easy Vegan Sheperd’s Pie! You can easily swap out the vegan meat substitute with cooked lentils instead. This is a great main dish for those cold winter months, or any holiday!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packages (1.5 lbs) of Impossible Burger Meat (or any meat substitute).
- 1 bag of frozen veggies (corn, carrot, green beans, pea mix)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 cup vegetable stock
- 3 lbs golden yukon potatoes, peeled and cubed in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- Start by making your mashed potatoes. Put cubed potatoes in a pot on the stove, and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes in a colander, and add back to the pot. Add the cream cheese, almond milk, and some vegan butter (optional). Mash well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic, and saute until onions begin to be translucent.
- Add your vegan ground beef, and break up well. Add your thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Saute until cooked/browned.
- Add your vegan worcestershire sauce and mix to combine. Add in the flour and tomato paste, and stir to combine.
- Add your vegetable stock, and frozen veggies. Bring everything to boil, and then reduce to simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring every now and again.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour meat mixture into the dish and spread it out evenly. Spoon and spread the mashed potatoes all across the top of the meat mixture.
- Put dish on top of a baking sheet with a rim if your baking dish is very full and might spill over while baking. Bake sheperd's pie for 25-30 minutes in the oven. Cool for 10-15 minute when done, serve and enjoy!