Creamy and smooth slow cooked vegan mashed potatoes! Great on holidays, as a compliment to any entree, or just in the mood for a warm classic side.
- 5 lbs of golden yukon potatoes, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup of vegan chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter diced (such as Earth Balance or Miyoko's)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of vegan cream cheese (depending on how rich you like your potatoes)
- 1/2 cup vegan milk (I prefer Cashew Milk)
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place the potatoes, broth, garlic, and butter into your crockpot. Season with salt, and mix well.
- Cook on high approximately 4 hours, or 7 if cooking on low.
- When potatoes are very soft and tender, mash potatoes with a potato masher and stir until very cream. You can use an electric hand mixer as well. Mix in the vegan cream cheese and milk until creamy. Add more cream cheese or milk as needed to get the consistency you like.
- Season with pepper to taste, and keep on warm until ready to serve! Goes great on its own or with vegan gravy!