This recipe makes 1 can of vegan cream of chicken soup- perfect for veganizing any recipe that calls for cream of chicken soup!
- 3 tbps vegan butter (your preference of brand)
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan chicken broth (I use Imagine Foods Vegetarian No Chicken Broth or you can buy vegan chicken bouillon cubes to make your own)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On the stove, melt your vegan butter and then add flour. Whisk to mix well until smooth.
- Add and whisk in the rest of the ingredients: the broth and milk, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil while whisking occasionally until it thickens.