My gooey and cheesy take on garlic cheesy knots/bread. This is my go-to appetizer during the Holidays, shaping the balls in a Christmas Tree Shape! Enjoy!
- 1 store bought pizza dough (most are vegan)
- 1 8oz block of vegan mozzarella (I recommend Miyoko's Mozzarella or Follow Your Heart Mozzarella block
- Egg Wash (I make 1 vegan egg using Egg Replacer Powder and add a little extra water)
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup grated vegan Parmesan (I like Violife Foods Parmesan Block)
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- 1 tbsp of dried rosemary
- Side of Marinara Sauce for a dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep mozzarella by cutting the vegan cheese into about 1 inch cubes.
- Take your pizza dough, and roll it out on a floured surface and divide into 2 large pieces. From those pieces, roll out and cut dough into pieces, about 2 inches in size.
- One by one, take a piece of dough, and wrap it around 1 piece of vegan cheese. Form firmly sealed ball and place seam side down on your baking sheet. I start with 1 dough ball in the middle and form circles around it. During Christmas, I arrange in the shape of a Christmas Tree for some holiday flair!
- Once all have been rolled and placed on baking sheet, using a pastry brush, brush egg wash all over the dough balls.
- Place in oven and bake about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While dough balls are baking in the oven, in a small bowl whisk the melted butter, rosemary, basil, and parmesan.
- When the cheesy pull apart bread is done, brush the buttery mixture all on top of the bread with the pastry brush. Pull apart one piece of the time and dip in the marinara sauce. Enjoy one cheesy bite at a time!