These veganized version of an appetizer favorite, perfect for the holidays or an appetizer for any event!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by preparing the mushrooms. Remove stem, and then scoop out the inside with a spoon to make a nice hole for the sausage stuffing.
- Cook vegan sausage and onion in a frying pan on the stove on medium heat. Cook until sausage is browned. I recommend using a wooden spoon for this.
- Once cooked, drain any grease. Add and mix in garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs/panko, mix in, and then add the grated parmesan. Add a little bit of water and mix until it is pasty enough to place in hollowed out mushroom caps. *Make sure not to make too wet.
- Place stuffing in each mushroom cap- putting in enough so it is slightly over the top of the mushroom, making sure it is tight and compact.
- Pour a thin coat of olive oil in a baking dish. Put stuffed mushrooms in the baking dish, and sprinkle some vegan parmesan on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on size of mushrooms) or until the mushrooms are soft. ENJOY!