Quick and easy vegan meatloaf! Great as a main course or for sandwiches!
- 1 16oz package of Beyond Beef (or any 16oz package of plant based ground beef)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 3-4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or panko (what you have on hand)
- 2/3 cup of quick cook oats
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbps barbecue seasoning blend (so many variations, use whichever one you want)
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Pepper to taste
- Ketchup as a glaze
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil, and saute the onion until translucent. Next, add the garlic and bell pepper to the skillet and saute until all are golden.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the skillet mixture and all remaining ingredients (except the ketchup). Work together with your hands until it is very well combined.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray. Add your mixture into the loaf pan, patting down. Cover the loaf pan with foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the meatloaf and spread the ketchup on top. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or so, uncovered, or until you can see browning around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, and let loaf stand for 10-15 minutes, then enjoy!